Affiliate Marketing for Dummies
In this affiliate marketing for dummies blog post, we discuss how you can use affiliate marketing to earn a commission by promoting someone else’s products or services.
There are many different affiliate programs out there. Most companies, products, and services have an affiliate program. Their affiliate program is basically a program they have that give the other people the ability to join for free and promote their product and earn a commission.
When you join an affiliate program, you will get an affiliate link that will allow the company to track and see which sales were produced by you.
Affiliate marketing is a great thing because you don’t have to create a product or service, you don’t have to be an expert – you don’t even really have to sell the product because all you’re doing is sharing/endorsing the product to people you may know (friends, family, e-mail list, etc.)…
Basically, you’re getting paid by sending traffic through your affiliate link.
It’s always a win-win for everyone involved in affiliate marketing. It’s a win for the company because they get to acquire customers that they previously wouldn’t have gotten without your traffic as an affiliate.
Meanwhile, it’s also a win for you because you get to make money/commission with very little effort since you didn’t have to come up with the idea, you didn’t have to take the risks that comes with creating the website, sales pages, marketing, etc.
You easily get paid by leveraging your subscribers, your fans/followers. Let’s not forget that it’s also a win for the customers because they get to benefit from the product/service that meets their needs.
Original source: Project Life Mastery, Stefan James – Affiliate Marketing For Dummies (Explained In Plain English!)
Affiliate Marketing For Dummies – Which Networks to Choose
There are many horror stories about affiliate programs and networks.
People have heard them over and over again, that some are even wary of joining one. The stories they may have heard are those related to illegal programs or pyramid schemes.
Basically, this kind of market does not have real, worthy product. You do not want to be associated with these schemes.
It is obvious you want to be with a program that offers high quality product that you will readily endorse.
The growing number of those who have joined already and are succeeding immensely is proof enough that there are reliable and quality affiliate programs out there.
Why participate in an affiliate program? It allows you to work part-time. It gives you the opportunity to build a generous residual income. And it makes you an owner of a small business.
Affiliate programs have already created lots of millionaires.
They are the living testimony of how hard work; continuous prospecting, motivating and training others pay off.
If ever you are deciding to join one, you must take note that you are getting into something that is patterned to what you are capable of. This will be an assurance that you are capable of doing anything to come out successful.
How do you choose a good affiliate program to promote?
Here are some tips you may want to look over before choosing one:
1. A program that you like and have interest in. One of the best ways of knowing if that is the kind of program you wish to promote is if you are interested in purchasing the product yourself.
If that is the case, chances are, there are many others who are also interested in the same program and products.
2. Look for a program that is of high quality. For instance, look for one that is associated with many experts in that particular industry.
This way, you are assured that of the standard of the program you will be joining into.
3. Join in the ones that offer real and viable products. How do you know this? Do some initial research.
If possible, track down some of the members and customers to give you testimonial on the credibility of the program.
4. The program that is catering to a growing target market. This will ensure you that there will be more and continuous demands for your referrals. Make inquiries.
There are forums and discussions you can participate in to get good and reliable feedbacks.
5. A program with a compensation plan that pays out a residual income and a payout of 40% or more would be a great choice.
There are some programs offering this kind of compensation. Look closely for one. Do not waste your time with programs that do not reward substantially for your efforts.
6. Be aware of the minimum quotas that you must fulfill or sales target that is too hard to achieve.
Some affiliate programs imposes pre-requisites before you get your commissions. Just be sure that you are capable of attaining their requirements.
7. Select one that has plenty of tools and resources that can help you grow the business in the shortest possible time.
Not all affiliate programs have these capacities. Make use you decide on one with lots of helpful tools you can use.
8. Check out if the program has a proven system that can allow you to check your networks and compensation.
Also check if they have it available online for you to check anytime and anywhere.
9. The program that is offering strong incentives for members to renew their membership each time.
The affiliate program that provides continuous help and upgrades for its products have the tendency to retain its members. These things can assure the growth of your networks.
10. Be aware of the things that members are not happy about in a program.
Like with the ones mentioned above, you can do your checking at discussion forums.
If you know someone in that same program, there is ho harm asking if there are many downsides involved. Have a thorough and intensive knowledge about the affiliate program and network you will be promoting on.
Knowing the kind of program you are getting yourself into will make you anticipate and prevent any future problems you may encounter.
To your success,
Jan – Money and Business Online – Affiliate Marketing For Dummies